If you're like most Christian athletes, coaches or parents, the world of sports is a mainstay in your life. In many ways, your experiences through athletics has created attitudes, beliefs and perspectives that transcend the field of competition and permeate your life. You're driven to reach your God-given potential and committed to winning on and off the field of competition. You spend countless hours doing whatever it takes to be the best, while still desiring to honor God in the process.
But something is missing; You feel as though God made you to be an athlete or coach, yet find yourself hungry for faith discussions that are relevant to your world.
If this sounds like you, you're not alone. Nearly every athlete who desires to honor God through sports has felt this way at some point in their life.
Our Goal for this online community
Through this blog and podcast, our mission is to provide relevant, thought provoking perspectives, that inspire you to honor God on the field of competition and in life. From practical tools to accomplish your dreams and goals, to strategies for spiritual growth and development, our goal is to empower you to reach your God-given potential as player, coach and person.
If you're new to the site (and you likely wouldn't be on this page if you weren't), here are some of the most popular posts in each category.
Our Most Popular Posts & Podcasts
- 3 ways to Glorify God in your sport
- 3 Tiers of Competition vs Skill Development
- 4 Warning Signs & 1 Symptom that your Sport is now your God
- 11 Keys for Student Athletes (coming soon)
- Effort encouragement more than Ego encouragement (coming soon)
- How to break out of a mid season slump (coming soon)
- The 3 secrets to being Competitive and Christlike. (Home page eBook)
Parents (coming soon)
- Should every kid get a trophy
- Culture Shock....7 Statements parents should say to their student athlete. (And a few they shouldn't)
- Starting with the End in Mind. Defining the goal of Sports for parents, athletes, and coaches.
- The top 10 list of why people choose to relive their athletic dreams through your child? How to make sure you don't....
- The Arena beyond
- The 3 absolute signs that sports schedule hurting your family?
- Do I let my child compete on Sunday?
- The 7 most negative words/phrases parents use
- Does God Want christians to play Sports? Ephesians 2:10
- The official Cross Training Bible Study BluePrint
- 5 attitudes every Christ Sports Parent should adopt
Coaches (coming soon)
- How God views the role of every coach at every level
- The 7 most positive words/phrases coaches use
- When the politics of sports boil over
- The cost of developing a "Win at All Cost" mentality.
- Should all children play sports?
- The 5 things youth learn playing sports (coming soon)
- The Gospel
While the content on the blog and podcast is all free, our ministry does offer a number of other ways to get involved with our mission.. Be sure to check out Join Us section.
Subscribe to this Blog
In order to make sure you don't miss the newest blog posts, why not subscribe to the blog. It's fast, easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Our Encouragement to You
You can do this. It is possible to honor God as an athlete, coach or parent. All it takes is the intention and a mentor to lead you. If you'll provide the first, I'll provide the second. Let's get started.